ONE PLACE FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
Recruitment and selection process is one of the most important aspects of running new and established businesses alike. The right employees can take your business to new heights. The wrong ones can hurt business by missing sales, turning customers off and creating a toxic workplace environment. Follow experts’ advice on each step of the recruitment and selection process to put together a team that fits with and enhances your business culture, goals and objectives.
Recruitment can be defined as searching for and obtaining a pool of potential candidates with the desired knowledge, skills and experience to allow an organization to select the most appropriate people to fill job vacancies against defined position descriptions and specifications.
The purpose of the recruitment process is to find the widest pool of applicants to provide the greatest opportunity to select the best people for the required roles in an organization.
Acquiring the best applicants for a role can be a competitive advantage for an organization whereas ineffective recruitment and selection can result in enormous disruption, reduced productivity, interpersonal difficulties and interruptions to operations, customer service and long term costs.
Once a pool of candidates has been identified through the recruitment process the most appropriate candidate, or candidates are identified through a selection process including but not limited to interviewing, reference checking and testing. The purpose of the selection process is to ensure that the best person or people are appointed to the role or roles using effective, fair and equitable assessment activities.
Having an effective recruitment strategy is paramount to the success of any organization. The recruitment and selection function can become a costly and inefficient process if not approached in a systematic and proactive manner. A recruitment and selection strategy:
- Ensures the organization has the necessary skills, knowledge and attributes to meet current and future strategic and operational requirements
- Ensures supply meets demand requirements
- Increases the pool of potential applicants
- Improves the selection process by ensuring that only those applicants that meet the requirements of the position are selected for further investigation
- Can impact on the likelihood that a suitable candidate will accept a job offer
- Increases organizational effectiveness